The AAL Forum
Bridging the gaps between technology solutions and active ageing. What can YOU do?
The Active and Assisted Living (AAL) Programme promotes innovative technological product ideas and services for active and healthy ageing, supporting them until they launch on the market. These innovations are presented at the annual AAL Forum, among the largest European events of its kind. The forum provides an excellent opportunity to network within the AAL community and to discuss issues around AAL within workshops, keynote presentations and a large exhibition area.
The AAL Forum will host over 700 international congress participants, who will be able to find out the latest AAL products and services from 50 exhibitors, 30 workshops and various keynote speakers. The event offers an excellent opportunity to network and gives participants a great platform to exchange experiences and ideas. Interested investors can use the opportunity to find products and services with market potential.
The forum is the ideal meeting place for:
- Professionals involved in the technology sector with an interest in ageing
- Social care and care providers
- Investors looking for new solutions and innovations
- Individuals and organisations implicated in the AAL funded projects
- EU, national and regional decision makers in the field of health, social issue, technology and innovations
Join the debate
Technology today is all around us. It can benefits us both economically and socially, but needs to be cautiously adapted to our wishes and needs, while not interfering with human contact and the social interactions among individuals and groups that we all need.
It is from this perspective that we are keen to get everyone attending the forum in a lively debate around some crucial questions:
- What are the obstacles still remain that are stopping ICT technology from being widely used in the field of active ageing?
- Why has technology not been widely adopted by social care and care providers to help support them in dealing with the older population?
- What regulations are needed to help people age independently and safely at home through the use of ICT?
Our goal is not just to offer definitive answers, but to bring the entire value chain into the discussion and listen to all of your experiences. We value our community and believe that it is only through proactive involvement from you all that we will achieve better conditions and a better society for the future.