The Ambient Assisted Living Joint Programme (AAL JP) organises an annual platform for the increasing European AAL community to meet and discuss several topics, relevant for improving the AAL JP as well as the adoption of AAL solutions in the market. Most new ICT-related products and services for independent living are still in a developmental phase, undergoing pilot experiments and based upon supporting subsidies. Only a few are mainstreamed and can be considered successfully implemented.
The main themes of this years’ Forum are:
- EU, and National Policies;
- AAL Projects: outcomes and future;
- From research to business: delivering innovations;
- Cutting edge ideas
Therefore, the AAL Forum 2012 will support the following necessary future developments in AAL:
- Development of strategies in order to transfer successful products and services between the different nations;
- Enhance existing and create different approaches to integrate end users more effectively;
- Develop test methods to improve the reliability and sustainability of potential AAL products and services;
- Increasing the awareness of the potential of ICT for different AAL communities;
- Development of sustainable business models.
Core Values of the AAL Forum 2012
We expect every participant to BRING and to GET! It means that the each registrant will be encouraged to be very active at the forum.
In summary, the core values for each participant at the AAL Forum 2012 will be enclosed in FIVE i’s :
Information, Inspiration, Imagination, Interaction and Innovation
The international organising committee will set a framework for enabling these achievements.